Bookkeeping Careers in Boston’s North Shore
We welcome inquiries from qualified candidates with experience in accounting, bookkeeping, database management, office organization, payroll, budgeting and who are QuickBooks Pro Certified. Please feel free to email a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office on the Go also welcomes inquiries from business students interested in short-term internships in accounting, bookkeeping, marketing, business practices, and database management. Interested students may contact us through email@example.com.
We support our troops and will offer free internships and training to all veterans.
Please attach a current résumé to your email and tell us about your particular area of interest. We’d love to speak with you!
Great opportunity for experienced Bookkeeper!
Headquarter: Marblehead MA
Servicing: Marblehead, Salem, and Swampscott
General duties: A full charge bookkeeper handles all of the accounting needs of our clients, requires at least 2 solid years experience in bookkeeping, QuickBooks and other areas of accounting specified below.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Work locally helping individuals and small businesses stay current with their finances! Make a difference!
Small bookkeeping firm on the North Shore looking for part-time experienced full charge bookkeeper. Work to be performed in our office in Marblehead, Monday through Friday. Depending on the experience of the candidate, total hours will range from 20 to 30 hours.
MINIMUM Requirements for candidates
Please make sure you have at least these minimum requirements before applying.
- At least an associates degree in accounting and/or business
- 2 solid years’ experience working in accounting in these areas:
- QuickBooks Desktop and/or QBO.
- Bank reconciliations, progress billing,
- Reporting using QuickBooks i.e. annual filings, sales tax reporting and payments as well as profitability reports for owners
- Maintaining fixed asset system & calculating and analyzing depreciation
- Payroll duties including complex accounting and administrative duties in the maintenance and processing for payrolls as well as utilizing and processing payroll from a variety of payroll companies.
- Candidates should possess excellent computer and communication skills and the ability to handle all aspects of client services.
- Proven track record for efficient and accurate bookkeeping.
Are you the “Ideal candidate”?
Without the skills below, you need not apply. The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be familiar with job costing, fixes assets, current assets, deferred income and deferred expenses. (This position is not a payable or receivable clerk position.)
- Calculate pay and issue payments to employees
- Create financial statements and related financial reports
- Remit payroll taxes, sales taxes, use taxes, and income taxes
- Account for fixed assets
- Reconcile bank accounts and petty cash accounts
- Collect information as needed for the annual audit
- Record and pay accounts payable
- Issue invoices to and collect from customers
- Maintain a coherent system of accounts, with a supporting filing system
- Monitor cash levels
- Know how to sync bank downloads, PayPal and Venmo with QuickBooks
- Be able to communicate in a positive manner and exude credibility with clients
With this experience, you may be even more valuable
These skills are preferred, but not required.
- Preparing tax returns, processing payroll and related returns
- Experience with IRA and SEP accounts, personal and trust returns
- Monthly close activities including preparing and recording journal entries, analyzing G/L accounts and accruing expenses
- Assisting with monthly and yearly financial closing activities and reconciling balance sheet accounts
Here at Office on the Go we believe in paying an excellent wage commensurate with the experience a candidate brings. Wages are hourly and employment is at will.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Office on the Go provides does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.